While people spend months planning events like weddings and trips, few think about the one event that is certain to happen – their death. Although most people do not want to think about their own mortality, the time to pre-plan your funeral is now. The primary advantage of pre-arranging your funeral is to relieve the burden on your loved ones in an emotional time and to ensure your funeral is carried out according to your wishes, eliminating the task of second-guessing what you would have wanted. Pre-arrangements can be changed and information and choices can be updated over time. Pre-planning and pre-paying your funeral is one of the most thoughtful gifts you can give to your family.
Pre-paying for your funeral reduces stress and financial burden on your loved ones after your passing. Payment options include single payment plans or multi-payment plans to suit your needs. In addition to easing financial impact on your family, pre-funding also protects you and your family from the inflation of the services and merchandise you choose. If at the time of death there are more funds than needed, the excess funds are returned to the named beneficiary. These plans are designed to be flexible and to accommodate the many changes that often occur in people’s lives.
Together we can …
- Gather information to be used for death certificates, obituaries, stationery, and other forms.
- Discuss the types of services available (religious, secular, non-traditional, military, fraternal) and determine specific wishes.
- Select merchandise that may be necessary or desired.
- Determine if pre-funding arrangements is right for you.
Benefits of Pre-Planning
- Removes the emotional and financial, burden of others.
- Allows you to control your own celebration.
- Organizes data so your family knows your vital information and its location.
- Protects assets when applying for Medicaid
- Pre-planning gives you, your family and friends peace of mind.